Technical Support Representative
Facility: Ashburn, VA
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class technician for our fast growing hosting business. This individual has the opportunity to delight Latisys’ hosting customers by providing superior customer service in support of our current and next-generation hosting products. The ideal candidate will be expected to provide high quality support for Latisys’ customers across multiple data centers. He/she will have a record of success for driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively – with a passion for satisfying customers.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company, Apply Now.
- Answering customer phone calls and emails from clients requesting technical assistance.
- Monitoring and responding to tickets, monitoring alerts, and general inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues in a fast-paced data center environment.
- Working within a team of Service Desk Technicians to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues.
- Communicating with shift replacement personnel on any and all outstanding and escalated issues.
- Detailed documentation of the technical troubleshooting and issue resolution within the Salesforce ticketing system.
- Effectively troubleshoot issues and resolve problems related to server operating systems (Red Hat Linux, MS Server 200x), core application stacks (IIS, Apache, MSSQL, MySQL, etc.), network infrastructure (switches, firewalls), and various managed services (managed storage, managed data protection).
- As a trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships – with customer satisfaction as the ultimate goal.
- Resolves operational issues with customers with strict adherence to the company’s Service Level Objectives.
- Maintains the technical/physical integrity of customer solutions.
- Work with management to establish or revise procedures and processes as necessary.
- Maintains an effective working relationship across internal departments by recognizing their functional objectives and keeping all lines of communication open.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all products, processes and systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have reliable transportation.
- This position requires shift work.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the web hosting industry and data center, web hosting services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and Quality Assurance skills.
- Certifications such as Cisco, Linux and Microsoft.
- General knowledge of Enterprise level hosting products.
- Excellent problem solving skills and knowledge of Solaris, Linux, and/or Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong networking knowledge.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (v4, v6), WAN/LAN topologies and protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to grasp new technical information quickly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in an intense environment
- Must be able to work closely/effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated customer service and team interaction skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline a plus
- Preference given for those with technical certification(s)
- Current CCNA a plus
Working Conditions:Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Flexible work schedule required.
If you are interested in joining our company, Apply Now.- Disclaimer-
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Latisys will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Latisys reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Compensation is DOE
Latisys is an equal opportunity employer