Latisys Expands Its Ashburn Data Center Campus as Part of Its Growing National IaaS Platform
Reflects Increasing Enterprise Demand for Highly Flexible and Scalable Outsourced Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Solutions
ASHBURN, VA — November 12, 2012 — Responding to growing demand for highly flexible and scalable IT infrastructure solutions, Latisys, a leading national provider of outsourced IT solutions from colocation to cloud, today announced availability of DC05, an additional 22,000 sq. ft. of highly secure, ultra-high power density, carrier-grade IT infrastructure space and additional power in its state-of-the-art data center just outside of Washington, DC.
The Ashburn, Virginia data center campus serves as the east coast hub of Latisys’ national IT Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform which includes Chicago, Denver and Irvine, CA—making Latisys an ideal platform for production workloads, Disaster Recovery and as a gateway to Asia Pacific, Europe and South America. DC05 features 4.4 MW of new critical power and along with rack-based cooling designed to achieve 40KW per cabinet.
The expansion reflects increasing market demand for outsourced data center, hosting and cloud services—all delivered via Latisys’ unified, hybrid platform. Gartner predicts the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) market to grow by 47.8% through 2015.
Latisys’ focus on ultra-high density enables extreme flexibility in the design and delivery of a broad portfolio of IT infrastructure services—including: enterprise-grade colocation, managed hosting, cloud computing and storage, managed security, IP connectivity services and disaster recovery solutions. Key benefits include:
- Reduced TCO by eliminating capital expenditures and leveraging Latisys investments in next-generation technologies, operational expertise and technology platform efficiencies
- High density N+1 redundant power and efficient cooling, 36” raised floors and optional hot-aisle or cold-aisle containment
- Network-neutral facility geographically positioned in Ashburn for reliable connectivity, with connections to multiple Tier 1 providers
- State-of-the-art security featuring multi-layered security systems, digital video surveillance, network monitors and a 24x7x365 fully-manned Network Operations Center (NOC) that is tied to the national support team
The Ashburn campus supports the highly scalable Latisys Enterprise Cloud platform - enabling companies to rapidly provision on-demand, pay-as-you-go IT infrastructure services. The Latisys Enterprise Cloud features:
- Members-only access through a secure self-service portal
- Spin-up and spin down of compute, network and storage resources on-demand—paying only for what is consumed
- Multiple Quality of Service (QoS) levels, enabling users to tailor cloud performance to specific production workloads or test and development environments
- Industry-leading support both on the front-end design of cloud solutions as well as on the ongoing support to continuously optimize cloud within the overall IaaS portfolio of solutions
- Truly hybrid solutions that span colocation and cloud, managed costing and cloud and managed services—a state-of-the-art home for your most complex, dynamic workloads
Washington’s leading enterprises and government organizations rely on Latisys to provide critical IT infrastructure solutions that underpin their business. This incremental data center capacity also enhances Latisys’ disaster recovery services for current and prospective customers looking for reliable multi-site redundancy in an area known for low risk of natural disasters. With seven high-density, Tier III data centers across the U.S. and a built-for-the-future platform of solutions that span colocation, managed hosting and cloud, Latisys provides unmatched scalability to enterprise customers – wherever they are – whether they seek to off-premise, off-load, optimize or on-demand their IT infrastructure.
“Washington and the mid-Atlantic region features a high concentration of large enterprises and government organizations dealing with rapidly expanding and increasingly complex IT and cloud environments,” said Peter Stevenson, CEO of Latisys. “We focus on helping them make a successful transition from conventional IT to more dynamic hybrid and cloud environments that today underpin the vast majority of large organizations and likely have hidden costs.”
Latisys’ national data center platform is operated under SOC 2 Type 2 and SOC 3 audited controls. This replaces the SAS 70 guidebook and reaffirms Latisys’ commitment to meet the highest standards for availability and security, while making sure all of the appropriate controls and safeguards are firmly in place.
Earlier this year, Latisys announced that it is adding 72,000 square feet of highly secure, high density, carrier grade IT infrastructure space along with significant power upgrades. After the recent opening of DEN2—Latisys’ newest state-of-the-art data center in Denver—and DC5—in Ashburn, Latisys’ total data center platform now exceeds 343,000 square feet across seven data centers in four major markets.
Latisys is a leading national provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services, disaster recovery and private cloud solutions to medium-sized businesses, enterprise customers and government agencies. With a heritage of serving business customers since 1994, and multiple high-density data centers across the United States, Latisys offers a scalable outsourced IT infrastructure platform that provides customers with what they need, when they need it. As a client-centric company—with state of the art data centers in Ashburn, Virginia, Chicago, Denver and Irvine, California—Latisys is quickly becoming the IaaS platform of choice for companies that demand more from their IT infrastructure partner. All while optimizing clients' return on investment. All while 'delivering more_'. Call 1-866-956-9594, visit www.latisys.com or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/latisys for additional information.